WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Value of Doing Your Best at All Times - Old Mutual, Lenasia. The Dreams Do Come True Tour, Part 56

   They say it is a small world. Therefore be nice, or be good. 
As you never really know when or where you may meet again a party you have dealt with before in life. 
   On arriving at this Old Mutual branch in Lenasia, I discovered that the manager here is someone I have previously dealt with at another O-M branch.
   Presumably I was good in presenting my talk at her old branch - if I may say so myself. Because getting a speaking engagement at this new branch was not a problem at all.
   Performing to the best of our ability when given a chance, in my opinion, will help not just in minor matters like getting a speaking gig, but in other weightier life issues as well. Like changing jobs, for example.
   Doing well at a task is like one's track record. It is something that will precede or follow you wherever you go. In my case, I normally have to get permission to give a talk from managers. And managers are people with influence. If, for argument sake, I were to drop the ball at one branch, word about my sloppiness would quickly spread to other branch managers. The consequence being that speaking engagements would dry up. 

      SOME THANK YOU'S

Ausi Masa( the manager) - For indulging us once more.

Old Mutual staff - For being very attentive, which made me feel like a great speaker.
   

No comments: