WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Power of Prayer - Methodist Church Youth Group, Ennerdale. The DDCT Tour, Part 57

   If I was not a believer before this talk, I am now. The praying we(together with the book) received at the end of this presentation simply took my breath away. 
   When I was instructed by the group's leader(Ausi Pulane) to sit on a chair placed in the middle of a circle formed by the church youth members, I had no idea what was to follow. Each member then launched into an individual prayer for yours truly(and the book) to be a success. A praying which lasted for a few minutes.
   To say I was moved by this unexpected gesture is an understatement. By the end of this praying session I was close to tears. I was saved from completely breaking down by not being requested to say something immediately after this intense prayer.
   In looking back on this talk, I think that being prayed for has given me supreme self-confidence. Now, more than before, I feel I will achieve my lofty goal of selling one million copies of my book(FEELING GOOD). When I mention this '1 million' figure during a talk, I say it with tongue-in-cheek. It is a goal I realistically believed I could not achieve. But not anymore. This Wesele youth group has made me believe I can accomplish it.
   Indeed, this making of people to have faith in their ability to achieve their ambitious goals may be a prayer's ultimate function. Because the road to your dream/s is not linear. At times you will hit a plateau, and therefore be tempted to give up. This is when a prayer(or praying) can help, by bringing back a belief in yourself and in your dream. I now believe.

        SOME THANK YOU'S

- Ausi Pulane(the group leader) : For the invitation and your trouble in making sure I reach Ennerdale.
- The Methodist Church Youth members: For praying for me like I have never been prayed for before. P.S. And for that fat envelope.
   

No comments: